My little guy and I
Let Me Introduce Myself!
My name is Meredith, I am who writes The Capital Letter. I’m the Digital Marketing Manager here. Yep, we specialize in Marketing Materials, but we also need to market ourselves. That’s where I come in.
I started my professional career as a Graphic Designer (Actually, a Life Guard, but that doesn’t count.) I graduated from Texas Tech University from the Communication Design Program. While attending college I worked for a local school district as their district Graphic Designer and Freelanced for local Non-Profits. From there I worked in Advertising, Design, and Web Development. Even though I do Marketing, I can still vibe with you Graphic Designer folks.
We may have more in common than you think. I either am you, aspire to be you, or work for somebody like you. So, all of your struggles? I get it. All of the problems you could potentially run into? It could happen to me, too… And more than likely, it has, or I’ve dodged it by the hair on my chinny chin chin (yes, girls get those.)
- Brand Management Issues? Yep.
- Desperately searching for fresh ideas after your brain has been bogged down with corporate jargon all day? Yep.
- Target dates that come at you quicker than the speed of light? YAS!
- Unexpected projects that mess with your schedule? Totally.
- File Set-Up wrong? ugh…
- The need to be able to count on SOMEBODY you can trust. Somebody to be your fresh set of eyes when you’ve stared at a misspelled word in your design for a week straight without ever noticing. Somebody that knows your logo’s blue should not look turquoise. A little birdie to whisper a great idea that inspires something bigger????? 100%
- The over-whelming “too many hats” feeling, and then daycare calling because your baby has a fever and you need to pick him up asap? *ME*
I get it ALL. Because I am you. We are on the same team, and we fight the good fight. I’m fighting with you, and I’m here to be that little bit of help you sometimes need.
Most of my article inspiration comes from projects I either slightly flubbed or came “this” close to screwing up. I can’t be the only one, right?
If you have read my bio on the site, you know that one of my “trademark qualities” is “learning things the hard way”. So what?! Talk about a great learning experience for me and you both! I go through it, and then write about it so you don’t have to.